The adoption group was formed out of the global Java User Group (JUG) Adopt OpenJDK programme. A majority of the original programme is expected to be folded up into this adoption group over time.
You can join in the discussions and activities of this group in the following ways:
- adoption-discuss mailing list
"To promote and support community involvement in the development, adoption and evangelism of OpenJDK projects"
Sustainable and Scalable
The Adoption group aims to fulfil that Mission Statement in a sustainable and scalable manner. The adoption group will likely focus on helping educate new contributors with regards to submitting relevant, high quality patches and supporting existing projects and groups with documentation, infrastructure and evangelism efforts.
The adoption group aims to:
- Lower technical barriers, allowing more developers, JUGs and organisations to get involved in OpenJDK
- Improve the quality of Java (the language and the platform) with a focus on testing and clearing technical debt
- Promote OpenJDK in the wider Java community
- Broaden the base of contributors to OpenJDK
The Adoption Group has several initiatives on the go, a representative sample is below:
- New Contributor - A guide on how to submit a patch to OpenJDK as a new contributor.
- Developers Guide - For OpenJDK developers.
- Quality Outreach - An initiative to involve the Java/JVM F/OSS ecosystem to CI test OpenJDK.
Initiatives at adoptopenjdk.java.net
TODO: This section is primarily over at adoptopenjdk.java.net and is in the process of being transfered over.
Adopt OpenJDK has several initiatives on the go, a representative sample is below:
- Building OpenJDK - Up to date instructions on building OpenJDK across O/S's, IDEs,
- Testing Java 8/9 - Get the Java OSS (and closed source world) tested early with OpenJDK/Java 8 and 9
- Project Coin - Try out some project coin tweaks in Java 9
- Test Fests - Write tests to improve the quality of Java
- Lambda Tutorials - Learning resources for developers new to Lambas in Java 8
- Betterrev - Improve the patch submission, build and test lifecycle for OpenJDK
- Javacountdown - Ensure the world is using the safest "Java in the browser"
As with any organisation, there's always some housekeeping.
See Adopt OpenJDK Projects for the full list.
Quarterly Report for Q4 2014
Jan 29, 2015
Jan 26, 2015
Jan 25, 2015
Quarterly Report for Q3 2014
Dec 03, 2014
Quarterly Report for Q2 2014
Aug 05, 2014
Quarterly Report for Q1 2014
created by Dalibor TopicAug 01, 2014
May 07, 2014
Apr 03, 2014
updated by Jennifer GodinezJan 31, 2014
created by Jennifer GodinezJan 31, 2014