A few things to keep in mind when filing a new bug
- Before filing a bug, verify that there isn't already a bug filed for this issue.
- Any bug that is blocking integration should be labeled 'integration_blocker'.
- Any bug that is present in the tested repository and is not already present upstream is blocking integration. Basically all new failures are integration blockers and should be labeled as such. For more information see Integration and Integration Blockers.
- Add other relevant labels like 'intermittent', 'regression', 'testbug'... etc.
- Set affects version.
- In the description, always include (if present):
- full name of the failing test(s)
- error messages
- assert messages
- stack trace
- command line information
- relevant information from the logs
- Always file separate bugs for different issues.
- If two crashes looks related but not similar enough to for sure be the same, it is easier to close a bug as a duplicate than it is to extract the relevant info from a bug to create a new one later.
All new failures are considered integration blockers