This page documents a few of the tools that are part of HotSpot.
- IdealGraphVisualizer- tool for examining IR of C2
- LogCompilation tool- parse LogCompilation output of the JVM
- hsdis - disassembler used by hotspot for debugging (no docs yet)
- MakeDeps - build utility for hotspot (no docs yet)
External tools (not shipped with HotSpot, but still for visualizing data structures of HotSpot):
- Client Compiler Visualizer: Tool for examining the HIR, LIR, and linear scan register allocation of the Client Compiler (C1).