jtreg is the test harness used by the OpenJDK test framework. The script
linux/jtreg is a shell script that runs fine on Mac OS X. It will run all the tests under $SRC/jdk/.
By default jtreg will use the current jvm for running both the test harness and the tests themselves.
The examples below use the jtreg option
-jdk to specify the JDK compiled in the macosx-port source directory.
Example: running all the jdk tests (takes a long time):
Example: running just the jdk java/lang tests (approximately 340 tests; completes in about 6 minutes):
If you run
jtreg by making a symbolic link to
linux/jtreg in another directory already on your
PATH you will need to export a
JT_HOME environmental variable.
jtreg known failures
- com/apple/eawt/DockIconTest.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-395)
- com/apple/eio/FileManagerTests.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-415)
- java/awt/Container/isRemoveNotifyNeeded/JInternalFrameTest.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-5)
- java/awt/Frame/SetMinimumSize/MinSizeTest.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-166)
- java/awt/Frame/ExtendedState/MaximizedBoundsTest.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-385)
- java/awt/Frame/Misc/MixedItemsTest01.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-422)
- java/awt/event/FocusEvent/FocusParity01.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-423)
- java/awt/Dialog/ModalZOrder/ModalZOrder.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-422 or MACOSX_PORT-423)
- java/awt/event/AWTEvent/Container/ContainerAddedTest.java (Issue: MACOSX_PORT-424)