Q: What is Ramp-down Start (RDS)?
A: That is the time in the process where we start triaging bugs. Normally only P1 and P3 issues are allowed at this point, or bugs that are relatively safe (some late polishing will always happen in the UI).
- All issues triaged
- No more enhancements / features
- Only P1-P3 bugs (or safe)
- No more dependency changes (third-party, platform version updates etc)
Q: What is Ramp-down Phase 2 RDP2?
A: This is when only critical PRs will be allowed. At this point the project is pretty much done. What is built at RDP2 very rarely differs from what actually gets released in the end.
- Only P1 bugs
- Release Candidate
Q: What is Source Release?
A: This is when we tag the release as done. Downstream vendors can release at their leisure.
Q: How do I add a release-note?
A: This is how to ensure an issue gets included in the release notes:
- Add the label "release-note=yes" on the issue you want a release note for.
- If it is a known issue, set the Affects Version.
- Create a subtask of the issue you want a release note for.
- Prefix the name of the subtask with "Release Note:"
- Assign the fix-version for the subtask to be the release you want the release-note included in.