Quality Outreach Update intro.
The first Quality Report was published in September 2015 here, our intention is to provide a report every six months.
The previous report was issued in September 2016 here.
- Section one looks at the increasing number of FOSS Projects being added to the Quality Outreach wiki
- Section two lists Bug logging activities over the past six months (September 2016 - March 2017).
- Section three lists Projects that have been active in providing feedback on Project Jigsaw.
- Section four lists traffic on email@example.com
- Section five lists External presentations
1.0 FOSS Projects listed on Quality Outreach Wiki.
We now have 88 FOSS Projects and their developers listed on the Quality Outreach Wiki page,this is an increase of 18
FOSS Projects since the last report in September 2016. Note, we have a further 16 Projects that we communicate with
that are not listed on the wiki i.e 104 projects in total.
All FOSS Projects receive regular updates when Early Access (EA) builds become available , they are encouraged to
test and report back any issues they find during their testing. As you will see they have been particularly busy this last
2.0 Bugs logged since September 2016
Developers from 15 of the 104 participating projects filed 37 new issues in the JDK Bug System, this is a slight increase
on the 35 bugs logged in the previous six months, however the number of projects logging bugs has increased from 10
to 15 , thank you ! More information in the table below.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an Issue||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||20||11||3||4||37|
Table above lists the number of bugs logged in total - 37 , of which 0 were P1 bugs, 5 were P2 bugs etc.
|Total Unique Issues||0||5||23||9||37|
The Table above lists the number of bugs logged by Component . It's clear that bugs have been found across most components,
with client-libs benefiting most.
2.1 FOSS Projects logging significant bugs
The following Projects have submitted significant bug reports in the last six months and deserve special mention:
- Apache Lucene
- Apache Maven
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache Commons
Valuable reports were also received from :
- Apache JMeter
- Apache Derby
- Apache POI
2.2 Overall Summary of bugs filed to date by Projects.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an Issue||Incomplete||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||106||22||23||31||3||185|
3.0 List of FOSS Projects providing feedback on various firstname.lastname@example.org mailing lists.
In the last six months the following Projects have provided very useful feedback on various email@example.com mailing lists
|Apache Groovy||Apache Maven||Apache Lucene||Apache Ant||Apache Tomcat|
- Total 20 members participated in various discussions on the mailing list.
- Discussion threads
- Regression Test failures - 25
- Test Results - 19
- Bug Review/discussion - 12
- EA availability - 9
- Regression JTR files - 5
- Download issues - 5
- Request for addition to OpenJDK Quality Outreach Listing- 4
- Outreach Survey - 1
- QCON - 20th of October , Shanghai China
- Preparing for JDK 9
- Shanghai JUGs - 22nd of October
- Preparing for JDK 9
JDK 9 Outreach - The Awesome Parts
- Video of Presentation
- JCP Executive Commitee Meeting on 14th of March 2017
- Quality Outreach update
- Minutes on JCP site are not yet available