Quality Outreach Update intro.
The first Quality Report was published in September 2015 here, our intention is to provide a report every six months.
The previous report was issued in March 2017 here.
- Section one looks at the increasing number of FOSS Projects being added to the Quality Outreach wiki
- Section two lists Bug logging activities over the past six months (March 2017 - September 2017).
- Section three mentions Projects that have been active in providing feedback on various email@example.com mailing lists.
- Section four lists traffic on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Section five lists External presentations
1.0 FOSS Projects listed on Quality Outreach Wiki.
We now have 95 FOSS Projects and their developers listed on the Quality Outreach Wiki page,this is an increase of 7
FOSS Projects since the last report in March 2017. Note, we have a further 16 Projects that we communicate with
that are not listed on the wiki i.e 108 projects in total.
All FOSS Projects receive regular updates when Early Access (EA) builds become available , they are encouraged to
test and report back any issues they find during their testing.
2.0 Bugs logged since March 2017
Developers from 11 of the 111 participating projects filed 17 new issues in the JDK Bug System, thank you !
The number of bugs logged during the last six months has declined in line with the improved quality in JDK 9.
More information in the table below.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an issue||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||3||7||5||2||17|
Table above lists the number of bugs logged in total - 17 , of which none were P1 bugs, with one P2 bug etc.
|Total Unique Issues||0||1||8||8||17|
The Table above lists the number of bugs logged by Component . It's clear that bugs have been found across most components,
with tools benefiting most.
2.1 FOSS Projects logging significant bugs
The following Projects have submitted significant bug reports in the last six months and deserve special mention:
- Apache Derby
Valuable reports were also received from :
- Apache Log4J
- Eclipse Jetty
2.2 Overall Summary of bugs filed to date by Projects.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an Issue||Incomplete||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||112||30||27||36||4||209|
3.0 List of FOSS Projects providing feedback on various email@example.com mailing lists.
In the last six months many Open Source Projects have provided feedback on various firstname.lastname@example.org mailing lists, too many to list here!
Thank you all for your feedback.
- Total 20 members participated in various discussions on the mailing list.
- Discussion threads
- Test Results - 18
- EA availability - 6
- JDK10 hotspot regression tests - 6
- New Quality Group Member - 4
- Bug Review/discussion - 2
- JDK10 early access buuilds availability- 2
- Regression Test failures - 1
- Regression JTR files - 1
JDK 9 Outreach - The Awesome Parts
- Video of Presentation
The next Quality Outreach report is due in March 2018.