Quality Outreach Report introduction.
The first Quality Report was published in September 2015 here, our initial intention was to provide a report every six months. We now release
a new Feature Release every 6 months so we have decided to publish a Quality Outreach Report every three months.
The previous report was issued in September 2018 here.
- Section one looks at the increasing number of FOSS Projects being added to the Quality Outreach wiki
- Section two lists Bug logging activities over the past three months (October 2018 - December 2018).
- Section three lists traffic on email@example.com
- Section four - lists JDK 12 Early Access testing experience of some FOSS Projects
- Section five - link to WorksLikeHeavenOnJDK11
1.0 FOSS Projects listed on Quality Outreach Wiki.
We now have 110 FOSS Projects and their developers listed on the Quality Outreach Wiki page, this is an increase of 2
FOSS Projects since the last report in September 2018. Note, we have a further 14 Projects that we communicate with
that are not listed on the wiki i.e 124 projects in total.
All FOSS Projects receive regular updates when Early Access (EA) builds become available, they are encouraged to
test and report back any issues they find during their testing.
2.0 Bugs logged since October 2018
Developers from 6 of the 124 participating projects filed 9 new issues in the JDK Bug System, thank you !
The number of bugs logged during the last three months has increased.
More information in the table below.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an issue||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||2||6||0||1||9|
Table above lists the number of bugs logged in total - 9 , of which 5 were P3 bugs, 3 were P4 bugs and 1 was a P5 bug.
|Total Unique Issues||0||0||5||3||1||9|
The Table above lists the number of bugs logged by Component . Bugs were found in core-libs, client-libs and security-libs components.
2.1 FOSS Projects logging significant bug
The following Projects have submitted significant bug reports in the last three months and deserve special mention:
- Apache Batik
- Apache Ant
- Apache Derby
2.2 Overall Summary of bugs filed to date by Projects.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an Issue||Incomplete||Won't Fix||Cannot Reproduce||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||142||39||32||25||6||8||14||266|
3.0 Discussion of the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
- Total 3 members participated in various discussions on the mailing list.
- Discussion threads
- JDK 11/JDK 12 EA build Test Results - 10
- JDK 12/JDK 8u202 EA availability - 4
- Adding Apache CXF to the list of projects - 6
- Incomplete resolution of bugs - 6
4.0 JDK 12 Early Access testing status
|FOSS Project||JDK 12 EA Builds||Comments|
Apache Tomcat mailing list
Apache Ant mailing list
|5||Apache Lucene||Apache Lucene mailing list|
|6||RxJava||RxJava 2.2.6 snapshot|