At the end of the month prior to the release month, the jdk11u repository is declared frozen so embargoed security fixes can be added in private during the final few weeks. On release day, the final version will be pushed to the jdk11u repository and source bundles made available.
- Wednesday, February 26 2020: jdk11u-dev repo open (tag: 11.0.8+0)
- Tuesday, April 28 2020: First merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u (tag: 11.0.8+1)
- Tuesday, May 26 2020: Rampdown; last merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u
- Tuesday, June 23 2020: Last tag before code freeze
- Tuesday, July 14 2020: GA; OpenJDK 11.0.8 released (tag: jdk-11.0.8-ga)