- Click Create
- Click Continue
- Click Done
- Click on the "My Certificates"
- Double click on your new lldbopenjdk_codesign certificate
- Turn down the "Trust" disclosure triangle
The next steps are necessary on SnowLeopard, but are probably because of a bug in how Keychain Access makes certificates. (Note: These also apply for Lion.)
- Option-drag the new lldbopenjdk_codesign certificate from the login keychain to the System keychain in the Keychains pane of the main Keychain Access window to make a copy of this certificate in the System keychain. You'll have to authorize a few more times, set it to be "Always trusted" when asked.
- Switch to the System keychain, and drag the copy of lldbopenjdk_codesign you just made there onto the desktop.
sudo security add-trust -d -r trustRoot -p basic -p codeSign -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain ~/Desktop/openjdk_codesign.cer
- Right click on the "lldbopenjdk_codesign" certificate in the "System" keychain (NOT "login", but the one in "System"), and select "Delete" to delete it from
the "System" keychain.
- Reboot (I've found this step unnecessary.)
- Clean and rebuild OpenJDK and you should be able to debug. (You can just remove the jsadebug,jinfo,jmap binaries in build/macosx-universal/bin instead of cleaning everything.)