- Changes to public exported APIs in java.* and javax.* packages.
- Changes to public and exported APIs in jdk.*packages.
- New language updates to the Java Programming Language
- New structures in the Java Virtual Machine Specification
- Adding or removing a command in $JDK/bin
- Adding, removing, or changing a command line option
- Using or defining an environment variable
- Using or defining a new file format or wire format
- Changing or defining a new system or security property
Interfaces that are experimental or for diagnostic purposes do not need to go through CSR process, but the CSR process may be employed if feedback from the CSR reviewers is desired.
Q: What are common types of feedback for the CSR to give?
A: Common outcomes for a proposal after review by the CSR include: