- Data identifying the method to instrument (FQN for the class, method and descriptor)
- Data identifying the parameters and/or return value to record as attributes
- Parameters/Return values should be able to appear multiple times, with different access paths/converters
- For (field) accessors, following references in parameters/return values (via fields), we probably need to specify the type of the field thing referenced in the end should probably be specified
- May want to consider following references in the object being instrumented too (fields)
- Recording metadata (optional, should be able to generate "ok" defaults)
- A name (label) (will not look very nice without, but perhaps take class name, and split along camel case boundaries as default?)
- A description
- enabled - should the event be enabled by default?
- stacktrace - capture stack trace by default?
- category - used to be path, but OpenJDK API calls this category