- Cygwin. Some packages to make sure are installed are:
- mercurial (hg)
- make (needed to compile media)
- makedepend (needed for media)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, either Professional or Community edition. The
Desktop development with C++workload is required at most, but it may be possible to install individual components to satisfy the requirements.
- Microsoft DirectShow header files – If you build media you will need the DirectShow header files from the Microsoft Windows SDK v7.1, installed in its default location of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1"
DirectX SDK June 2010 (TODO: this should no longer be needed – verify this)
Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010) headers are required for building the JavaFX SDK. This DirectX SDK can be downloaded from Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010). If the link above becomes obsolete, the SDK can be found from the Microsoft Download Site (search with "DirectX SDK June 2010"). The location of this SDK will normally be set with the environment variable DXSDK_DIR at installation time. The default location is normally "C:/Program Files/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/". If DXSDK_DIR is not set, the build process may look for it in the default location or "C:/DXSDK/".
If you build WebKit (it is not built by default) you will need the following additional tools: