In order to be able to edit pages in this wiki, please read the blog post explaining how to become an editor.
- Pass all appropriate certification tests for Java SE 7
- Include a complete, native Cocoa-based UI Toolkit
- Provide excellent performance
- Integrate into main-line OpenJDK 8
Minimum requirements to run
Note that only Mac OS X 10.7 will be an Oracle-supported platform. It should continue to run on 10.6.8 + Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 6 but that is not guaranteed. As of 1-Jan-2012 there are no plans to introduce 10.7-only APIs into the codebase.
- Hardware: Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac
- RAM: 4GB
- Mac OS X 10.7.2
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Jtreg: http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
If you install Xcode after installing the Apple provided Java for Mac OS X, you will have to re-install the same Java for Mac OS X or a later developer preview to correct headers in the JavaRuntimeSupport framework.
1. Get the code
- Steps for incremental building
3. Smoke Test
On Mac OS X 10.7 use the alternate location for the SwingSet2.jar if you have the Java Developer Package installed.
Please join the macosx-port-dev mailing list and ask!
See something wrong on this page? Fix it!
- Join the email@example.com mailing list
- Send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list:
- Request editor rights to the "OpenJDK Mac OS X Port" wiki
- Include your Oracle SSO Username
- Download an official or unofficial build
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app
- Drag both "OpenJDK 7" entries to the top of the list
- Run "java -version" in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app