- Pass all appropriate certification tests for Java SE 7
- Include a complete, native Cocoa-based UI Toolkit
- Provide excellent performance
- Integrate into main-line OpenJDK 8
Minimum requirements to run
- An Intel Mac
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Mac OS X 10.7.0 or 10.6.8
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.7" or "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5"
- Hardware: Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac
- RAM: 4GB, 2GB min
- OS: Mac OS X 10.7
- Xcode: 4.1 or later from the Mac App Store (free download)
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.7" ("java -version" to trigger install)
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6, run Software Update to get to at least 10.6.8
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Jtreg: http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
If you install Xcode after installing the Apple provided Java for Mac OS X, you will have to re-install the same Java for Mac OS X or a later developer preview to correct headers in the JavaRuntimeSupport framework.
1. Get the code
3. Smoke Test
On Mac OS X 10.7 use the alternate location for the SwingSet2.jar if you have the Java Developer Package installed.
Please join the macosx-port-dev mailing list and ask away!
- Download an unofficial build
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app
- Drag both "OpenJDK 7" entries to the top of the list
- Run "java -version" in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app