- Pass all appropriate certification tests for Java SE 7
- Include a complete, native Cocoa-based UI Toolkit
- Provide excellent performance
- Hardware: Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac
- RAM: 4GB, 2GB min
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6, run Software Update to get to at least 10.6.5
- Xcode: 3.2.5 or later from http://developer.apple.com (Mac Dev Center section)
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 Developer Package" or later from http://connect.apple.com (Java section)
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Jtreg: http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
Install the Mercurial "forest" extension:
Add the following lines to your: ~/.hgrc
The linux jtreg is just a shell script that runs fine on Mac OS X. It will run all the tests under $SRC/jdk/.
If your version of Xcode is older than 3.2.5, the 32-bit build won't run, but the 64-bit build will.