- See main project page: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/macosx-port/
- Hardware: Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac
- RAM: 4GB, 2GB min
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6, run Software Update to get to at least 10.6.7
- Xcode: 3.2.6 or later from http://developer.apple.com (Mac Dev Center section)
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 4" or later from http://connect.apple.com (Java section)
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Jtreg: http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
Testing the Cocoa-based AWT
jtreg is the test harness used by the OpenJDK test framework. The script
linux/jtreg is a shell script that runs fine on Mac OS X. It will run all the tests under $SRC/jdk/.
By default jtreg will use the current jvm for running both the test harness and the tests themselves.
The examples below use the jtreg option
-jdk to specify the JDK compiled in the macosx-port source directory.
Example: running all the jdk tests (takes a long time):
Example: running just the jdk java/lang tests (approximately 340 tests; completes in about 6 minutes):
If you run
jtreg by making a symbolic link to
linux/jtreg in another directory already on your
PATH you will need to export a
JT_HOME environmental variable.