- Pass all appropriate certification tests for Java SE 7
- Include a complete, native Cocoa-based UI Toolkit
- Provide excellent performance
- Hardware: Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac
- RAM: 4GB, 2GB min
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6, run Software Update to get to at least 10.6.5
- Xcode: 3.2.5 or later from http://developer.apple.com (Mac Dev Center section)
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 Developer Package" or later from http://connect.apple.com (Java section)
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Jtreg: http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
Install the Mercurial "forest" extension:
Add the following lines to your: ~/.hgrc
If you get errors warning about environmental variables that are set you can prefix the build command above unsetting these variables.
jtreg is the test harness used by the OpenJDK test framework. The script
linux/jtreg is a shell script that runs fine on Mac OS X. It will run all the tests under $SRC/jdk/.
By default jtreg will use the current jvm for running both the test harness and the tests themselves.
The examples below use the jtreg option
-jdk to specify the JDK compiled in the macosx-port source directory.
Example: running all the jdk tests (takes a long time):
Example: running just the jdk java/lang tests (approximately 340 tests; completes in about 6 minutes):
If you run
jtreg by making a symbolic link to
linux/jtreg in another directory already on your
PATH you will need to export a
JT_HOME environmental variable.