Use this template for requesting pushes to any 8u release that is currently in Rampdown Phase 2 (RDP2). Note that "critical fix approval" also needs to be requested for any fixes targeted to an RDP2 release. RDP2 Push requests for JDK 8 update releases MUST be sent to the email@example.com mailing list and SHOULD follow this template:
Subject: [8u$N] Request for phase 2 approval for CR $NR - $Synopsis
With the body containing:
- either a link to the publicly visible bug on the bugs.java.com site (or its equivalent), or a description of the change in case that there is no publicly visible bug to link to
- either a link to the publicly visible webrev or a link to the original changeset in the JDK Project if it's the same patch.
- if the review is taking place somewhere else, a link to the public review thread. If the review from the JDK Project is relevant, a link to it should also be included.
- whether the fix has already been reviewed for inclusion into a jdk8u release, the list of reviewers. At least two reviewers are required for phase 2.
- rationale for why the fix should be approved, including the benefit and risks involved, what testing has been done, and what the results were.