Welcome to OpenJDK 11 Updates!
OpenJDK 11 updates are part of the JDK updates project of the OpenJDK. Rob McKenna serves as the Project Lead. The list of Reviewers, Committers, and Authors can be found in the jdk updates section of the OpenJDK Census.
OpenJDK 11 updates will be delivered on the same established quarterly cycle used by Oracle i.e. "the Tuesday closest to the 17th day of January, April, July and October."
Development takes place in the jdk11u-dev Git repository and should be the primary place for OpenJDK committers to submit their work.
Code from the development repository is regularly tagged and promoted to the master jdk11u repository, which is used to stabilize and deliver the quarterly releases. Distributors should use this as their primary source for creating OpenJDK builds.
For further process details you might want to continue reading here.
New fixes should first be submitted to the development repository for the current version of OpenJDK, jdk/jdk. Most changes submitted to the OpenJDK 11 project will be backports from this repository. Exceptions are made if an issue only applies to 11.
Everybody is encouraged to submit fixes for OpenJDK 11 by dropping a mail to the jdk-updates-dev mailing list. Established community members will help new developers without commit access in getting their patch reviewed. For details on the process involved, continue reading here.
Should you not be willing or not be able to drive a fix into JDK 11 updates, you can still suggest changes. But by only doing that, you are at the grace of the community to pick up your suggestion.
In general we follow the common rules for the jdk-updates project.
If the backport requires more than just cosmetic changes (file location changes, copyright header updates) to apply to the 11u repository, it should first be submitted for review.
Push approval for a fix is requested by setting the jdk11u-fix-request label on the original JBS bug. The maintainers will either approve by setting jdk11u-fix-yes or reject by setting jdk11u-fix-no. Outstanding approvals can be monitored here. If and only if the fix gets approved, it may be pushed to the jdk11u-dev repository. Approved fixes show up in this JBS filter (login required).
During the later stages of a release cycle, the release enters rampdown. The master jdk11u repository contains the latest version of that release, while the jdk11u-dev repository is used to start work on the next release. If a change needs to be pushed to a release in rampdown, push approval can still be requested using the jdk11u-critical-request label. As the name of this tag suggests, this process is intended for fixes such as major regressions that must make the release. More minor bugs and new features should go in the next release being developed in jdk11u-dev. The maintainers may approve with jdk11u-critical-yes, defer to jdk11u-dev or reject altogether. Outstanding approvals for critical fixes can be monitored here. If, and only if, the fix gets approved with jdk11u-critical-yes, it may be pushed to the jdk11u repository. Approved critical fixes show up in this JBS filter (login required).
At the end of the month prior to the release month, the jdk11u repository is declared frozen so embargoed security fixes can be added in private during the final few weeks. On release day, the final version will be pushed to the jdk11u repository and source bundles made available.
- Wednesday, December 2 2020: jdk11u-dev repo open (tag: 11.0.11+0)
- Tuesday, February 2 2021: First merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u (tag: 11.0.11+1)
- Tuesday, March 2 2021: Rampdown; last merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u
- Tuesday, March 30 2021: Last tag before code freeze
- Tuesday, April 20 2021 GA; OpenJDK 11.0.11 released (tag: jdk-11.0.11-ga)
- Wednesday, March 3 2021: jdk11u-dev repo open (tag: 11.0.12+0)
- Tuesday, May 4 2021: First merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u (tag: 11.0.12+1)
- Tuesday, June 1 2021: Rampdown; last merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u
- Tuesday, June 29 2021: Last tag before code freeze
- Tuesday, July 20 2021 GA; OpenJDK 11.0.12 released (tag: jdk-11.0.12-ga)
- Wednesday, June 2 2021: jdk11u-dev repo open (tag: 11.0.13+0)
- Tuesday, August 3 2021: First merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u (tag: 11.0.13+1)
- Tuesday, August 31 2021: Rampdown; last merge from jdk11u-dev to jdk11u
- Tuesday, September 28 2021: Last tag before code freeze
- Tuesday, October 19 2021 GA; OpenJDK 11.0.13 released (tag: jdk-11.0.13-ga)
- Wednesday, September 1 2021: jdk11u-dev repo open (tag: 11.0.14+0)
Latest GA release: 11.0.12
Older releases can be found in the archive.
Latest Generally Available (GA) binary releases of the jdk11u stream of the OpenJDK jdk-updates project are available at: https://adoptopenjdk.net/upstream.html?variant=openjdk11&ga=ga
Latest Early Access (EA) binary releases of the jdk11u stream of the OpenJDK jdk-updates project are available at: https://adoptopenjdk.net/upstream.html?variant=openjdk11&ga=ea
Some filters will only work for users that are logged into JBS.