Quality Outreach Update intro.
- Section one looks at the increasing number of FOSS Projects being added to the Quality Outreach wiki
- Section two lists Bug logging activities over the past six months (March 2016 - Sep 2016 ).
- Section three lists Projects that have been active in providing feedback on Project Jigsaw.
- Section four lists traffic on firstname.lastname@example.org
1.0 FOSS Projects listed on Quality Outreach Wiki.
We now have 70 FOSS Projects and their developers listed on the Quality Outreach Wiki page,this is an increase of 21
FOSS Projects since the last report in March 2016. All FOSS Projects listed on the wiki receive regular updates when
Early Access (EA) builds become available , they are encouraged to test and report back any issues they find during
their testing. As you will see they have been particularly busy this last six months.
2.0 Bugs logged since March 2016
Developers from 10 of the 70 participating projects filed 35 new issues in the JDK Bug System, this is almost double the number of bugs
logged in the previous six months, more information in the table below.
Not an Issue
|Total Unique Issues||16||10||4||5||35|
Table above lists the number of bugs logged in total - 35 , of which 2 were P1 bugs, 6 were P2 bugs etc.
|Total Unique Issues||2||8||20||5||35|
Table above lists the number of bugs logged by Component , its clear that bugs have been found across most components.
with core-libs benefiting most.
2.1 FOSS Projects logging significant bugs
The following Projects have submitted significant bug reports in the last six months and deserve special mention:
- Apache Lucene
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache POI
- Apache Maven
Valuable reports were also received from :
- Apache Ant
2.2 Overall Summary of bugs filed to date by Projects.
|Priority||Fixed||Open||Duplicate||Not an Issue||Total|
|Total Unique Issues||77||27||20||24||148|
3.0 List of FOSS Projects providing feedback on email@example.com mailing list.
Project Jigsaw has received very useful feedback from the following projects
|Apache Groovy||Apache Maven||Apache Lucene||Apache Ant||Apache Tomcat|
- Total 13 members participated in different discussions.
- Discussion threads
- Test Results - 26
- EA availability - 8
- Request for addition to OpenJDK Quality Outreach Listing- 2